Less than a thousand years ago, the Church still taught that our world was at the center of the universe. Today, we know that this is not the case, and yet there is something true in that old line of thought. To be frank, it’s not that the earth is the heart of creation – it’s that the heart of creation is here on earth. It’s in the name, it’s always in the name, but not until the First and the Last reveals Himself, that is when the Last once again becomes First shall we see.
Alas, our dilemma it seems will have no solution until the great wrong is made right.
The spiritual war of the eternal return is cosmic in nature as well as within each and every one of us. A battle for our very heart and soul and also for the future of this world. The ‘slaves of Atlantis’ have every intention of destroying this earth, but it need not be so. There is an alternative for those who do not quit. The Creative Spirit, which is the Heroic Spirit, shall prevail, in truth, He already has won. We are only unaware of this because we must still earn our place beyond the spiritual catastrophe.
Our hope is that in this little work that covers 20,000 years we may shed a little light on the dark dilemma that most of us intuitively feel as long back as we can remember. Many succumb and just plain give up because it seems so much easier, but then there are those who do not. The great souls that please God are those who never give up even though they believe that there is no chance of winning. They continue to struggle only because they feel it the right thing to do and it is to them that the hope written of in this work is given.
So, the question is what are we going to do about it? Is one content with being a blind slave looking for the next distraction or an awakening Hero of God? Only our actions in time will tell.
quoted from the introduction of the book, The Final Battalion
The following, expressed in many different forms, according to the views of the respective teachers, are the fundamental principles of The New Thought.
1. There is a Supreme Power back of, underlying, and in all things. It is Infinite, Illimitable, Eternal, and Unchangeable. It Is, has always been, and always will be. It is Omnipresent (present everywhere); Omnipotent (all-powerful, possessing all the power that is); and Omniscient (all-knowing, all-seeing, knowing everything, seeing everything). This Supreme Power – Universal Presence – All Mind – may be called MIND, SPIRIT, LAW, THE ABSOLUTE, FIRST CAUSE, NATURE, UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLE, LIFE, or whatever name best suits the taste of the person using the term but call it what you will you mean this Supreme Power – the Centre. GOD is this great Universal Presence, and not the conception of a limited God held by any man. GOD must be illimitable, and all of the Universal must be an emanation of him.
2. Humanity is unfolding in consciousness, and many have now reached that stage of spiritual consciousness whereby they become conscious of the existence and immanence of God, and thus know rather than entertain a belief based upon the authority, real or assumed, of other men. This God-consciousness to which humanity is rapidly tending is the result of our unfoldment, development, and evolution for ages, and, when fully possessed by us, will completely revolutionize our present conceptions of life, our ethics, customs, conditions, and economics.
3. GOD is not a being afar off from us, full of wrath and punishment, but he is right here with us; all around us; even in us; understanding us from the beginning; realizing our limitations; full of love; and patiently seeing the gradual growth and unfoldment which brings us into a clearer understanding of him.
4. As to the reason of GODS plan and laws, The New Thought does not pretend to have the knowledge, holding that this cannot be known by Man in his present stage of development, although by reason and intuition he is beginning to understand that all is Good, and to see evidence of a loving, good, perfect, just and wise plan, in all the experiences of life. And having that Intelligent Faith which comes of the God-consciousness, it rests content, saying “GOD IS – and all is well.”
5. All is One – all the Universe, high and low, developed and undeveloped, manifest and unmanifest, is One- all is an emanation of GOD. Everything in the universe is in touch with every other thing, and all is in connection with the Centre – GOD. Every atom is a part of a mighty whole, and nothing can happen to any atom without a corresponding effect upon every other part of the whole. The sense of separateness is an illusion of the undeveloped consciousness, but an illusion necessary in certain stages for the working out of the plan. When we have so far progressed in spiritual growth and unfoldment that certain heretofore dormant faculties awaken to consciousness, or rather when our consciousness has so far developed that it takes cognizance of certain faculties the existence of which has heretofore been unknown to us, we become conscious of the Oneness of All, and our relation to all that is. It is not merely a matter of intellectual conception, it is the growth of a new consciousness. The person who passes this simply knows; the person who has it not deems the idea allied to insanity. This Cosmic Knowing comes to many as an illumination; to others, it is a matter of gradual and slow development.
6. We are Spiritual beings; our Soul is Immortal New Thought teachers differ in their theories as to just how and where he will live in the future. However, when we obtain that wonderful assurance of immortality from our awakened spiritual faculties, we see no need of worrying about the “how” and “where”. We know that we are and will be. We have within us such an abiding sense of existence, and deathlessness, that all of humanity’s speculations seem like idle theories to us- useful in their place, of course, but of no vital importance to us. We know there are limits to the possible manifestations of life – we know that “infinity plus infinity” would not begin to express the possibilities before us, and we fret not. We learn to live in the NOW, for we know that we are in Eternity right now, just as much as we ever will be, and we proceed to Live. We are concerned with Life, not with Death, and we Live. We have confidence in GOD and in the Divine Plan and are content. We know that if our entire solar system, and every other system the suns of which are visible to us, were dissolved into their original elements, we would still exist, and would be still in the Universe. We know that the Universes large, and that we are a part of it – that we cannot be left out or banished from the Universe – that we are important atoms, and that our destruction would disarrange and destroy the whole. We know that while the Universe lasts – we last. That if we are destroyed the Universe is destroyed. We know that GOD had use for us or we would not be here, and we know that God makes no mistakes – changes not his mind – and destroys no soul that he has expressed. We say: we are Sons of GOD; what we shall be doth not yet appear; but come what will we are still Sons of GOD; what our future may be, concerns us not – it is not our business – we will place our hands in that of the Father and say, “Lead Thou us on”.
7. Since we are immortal, Life can be seen only as being on an ascending scale, rising from lower to higher, and then on to higher and higher and higher. In the Universe there are beings much lower than us in the spiritual scale, and there are others much more advanced, much more highly developed than us, and we are progressing along a Path until someday we will be where they are; and others now much lower will someday be where we are now and so on.
8. There is a spiritual evolution going on in Humanity – we are growing, developing, and unfolding in spiritual attainment. Our minds are developing and causing us to unfold new faculties which will lead us to higher paths of attainment. The Higher Reason is beginning to make itself manifest. Humanity is nearing the plane of Cosmic Knowing.
9. “Thoughts are things” – every thought we think goes forth, carrying with it force which affects others to a greater or less extent, depending upon the forces behind our thought, and the mental attitude of the other persons. Like attracts like in the world of thought – we attract to ourselves thoughts in harmony with our own – people in harmony with our thoughts – even things are influenced by thought in varying degrees.
10. “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he,” and we may change, and often do change, our entire character, and nature by a change of thoughts, an adjustment of mental attitude. Fear thought and Worry and all the rest of the foulbrood of negative thoughts attract thoughts, people, things, from the outside, and pull us down to the level of our thought-pictures. On the contrary, we may, by right thinking, raise ourselves from the mire, and surround ourselves with people and things corresponding to our thoughts. Thoughts take form in action.
11. The Mind is positive to the Body, and we may become sick or well-diseased or free from disease, according to our thoughts and mental attitude.
12. The Mind contains latent forces, lying dormant, awaiting the day of their unfoldment, which may be developed and trained and used in a wondrous way. We are in our infancy regarding the proper use of his mental powers.
This is only a little bit of the Truth. Every other man or woman has his or her bit, so that this portion is merely as a grain of sand on the seashore.
as quoted from his introductory article,
The History, Influences, and Principles of The New Thought Movement and The Importance to The Works of Genevieve Behrend
The global brain is the quasi-neural energy- and information- processing network created by the billions of humans on the planet, interacting in many ways, private as well as public, and on many levels, local as well as global.
A quantum shift in the global brain is a sudden and fundamental transformation in the relations of a significant segment of the billions of humans to each other and to nature—a macroshift in society—and a likewise sudden and fundamental transformation in cutting-edge perceptions regarding the nature of reality—a paradigm shift in science. The two shifts together make for a veritable “reality revolution” in society as well as in science.
The Reality Revolution
In the first decade of the twenty-first century we face a new reality, individually as well as collectively. Our reality is shifting because the human world has become unstable and is no longer sustainable. But the reality revolution harbours a unique opportunity. This last decade is the first in history that offers the choice between being the last decade of a fading, obsolete world or the first of a new and viable one.
CALMNESS of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience, and of a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought.
A man becomes calm in the measure that he understands himself as a thought evolved being, for such knowledge necessitates the understanding of others as the result of thought, and as he develops a right understanding, and sees more and more clearly the internal relations of things by the action of cause and effect he ceases to fuss and fume and worry and grieve, and remains poised, steadfast, serene.
The calm man, having learned how to govern himself, knows how to adapt himself to others; and they, in turn, reverence his spiritual strength, and feel that they can learn of him and rely upon him.
The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Even the ordinary trader will find his business prosperity increase as he develops a greater self-control and equanimity, for people will always prefer to deal with a man whose demeanor is strongly equable.
The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land or a sheltering rock in a storm. “Who does not love a tranquil heart, a sweet-tempered, balanced life?” It does not matter whether it rains or shines, or what changes come to those possessing these blessings, for they are always sweet, serene, and calm.
That exquisite poise of character, which we call serenity is the last lesson of culture, the fruitage of the soul. It is precious as wisdom, more to be desired than gold—yea, than even fine gold.
How insignificant mere money-seeking looks in comparison with a serene life—a life that dwells in the ocean of Truth, beneath the waves, beyond the reach of tempests, in the Eternal Calm.
How many people we know who sour their lives, who ruin all that is sweet and beautiful by explosive tempers, who destroy their poise of character, and make bad blood!
It is a question of whether the great majority of people do not ruin their lives and mar their happiness by lack of self-control.
How few people we meet in life who are well balanced, who have that exquisite poise which is characteristic of the finished character!
Yes, humanity surges with uncontrolled passion, is tumultuous with ungoverned grief, is blown about by anxiety and doubt only the wise man, only he whose thoughts are controlled and purified, makes the winds and the storms of the soul obey him.
Tempest-tossed souls, wherever ye may be, under whatsoever conditions ye may live, know this in the ocean of life the isles of Blessedness are smiling, and the sunny shore of your ideal awaits your coming.
Keep your hand firmly upon the helm of thought. In the bark of your soul reclines the commanding Master; He does but sleep: wake Him. Self-control is strength; Right Thought is mastery; Calmness is power. Say unto your heart, “Peace, be still!”
Dedicated to Nikola Tesla, this book provides the scientific answer to the great spiritual needs of today’s world.
“The Clue to Ascension is the use of Love. If there is any discord shown toward Matter, toward a physical Atom, it is impossible to raise the Vibration in a Natural way. Love is the one and only answer.”
Now that Otis T. Carr’s free-energy inventions have been announced, a vast new field of splendid far-flung wonderment opens up to the teenagers. It is these young people who will refuse to be caught up in the outmoded power limitations that led to the past dull years of brutal human struggle. Mr. Carr has expressed his great concern for the young people of today, struggling for creative expression in the turbulent world in which they have been forced to live. He speaks as follows:
“Emotions were bursting their bonds wherever you’d go.
Crimes of passion and violence raged the globe.
Bored juveniles ignored all mandate of family or public authority and harassed their neighbors with deadly intent.
Already crowded asylums doubled and tripled their quotes to admit ever-increasing numbers of the over-stressed for treatment.
And still there seemed to be no good end in sight.
Those in greedy control of the mass of minds and materials still persisted in draining off all the wealth to feed their war machine.
Prices spiraled always higher while reserves of natural resources crept ever more swiftly toward wasted exhaustion.
The public media were splashed with these pressures of fear and hate. News of nations at each other’s throats with boasts of bigger and ever more powerful weapons of devastation were coupled with loud threats, which if ever carried out could only result in the total annihilation of existing life on planet Earth.
Little wonder then that boundless joy came to the hearts of men when they learned that free energy and space flight had been returned to our beloved globe.
Soon will the spirit of Peace descend upon mankind.
Soon will the Dove return bearing the symbolic olive branch.”
Ottis T. Carr
This, then, is our heritage, our divine and glorious destiny. Now in the glad years ahead, our New Age children will grow into the golden age of heaven on earth, with scarcely a memory of past darkness. This has been made possible because countless men and women, drawn from the farthest reaches of the galaxy, together with a certain White Dove, have chosen to steadfastly serve the Light.
There is more to be said, much more, and the story of the Light that ever lights the beating heart of mankind will be continued in a second volume – Flame of the Dove.
Written in November of the year 1957
Contents: Now and In the Beginning; The Days Just Ahead; The End of Man’s Crucifixion; This Cosmic Moment; The Nikola Tesla Story; Farewell of the Dove; The Arthur H. Matthews Story; The Otis T. Carr Story; Let There Be Light; Suggested Reading List.
You have the incredible potential to be, do, and receive whatever you desire, imagine, and truly believe. Unfortunately, however, only a small number of people achieve their full human potential, because they fail to recognize and harness the infinite power of the subconscious mind – the divinity within them and around them.
“The secret to success is no secret. It has been in practice for thousands of years. The most successful people throughout history are not those who merely accept the reality presented to them but those who imagine a better reality and believe in it so deeply that they are actually able to create a new reality – to change the state of being around them.”
Cleanse Your Mind
Divine love fills my soul. Divine right action is mine. Divine harmony governs my life. Divine joy fills my soul. I am divinely guided in all ways. I am illumined from On High. I know and believe that I will receive a measure of life, love, truth, and beauty that transcends my boldest dreams. I know that universal love and generosity embrace me.
Commentary: Modern life is hectic and cluttered with meaningless distractions and concerns. When you begin to feel overwhelmed by life’s demands, take some time to quiet your mind and remind yourself that you were created to be joyous.
52 Weekly Affirmations: Techniques to Unleash the Power of Your Subconscious Mind